Juniata Valley YMCA Aquatics
Make A Splash!
Our pool is the only full size pool in the area!
Each year, the Juniata Valley YMCA teaches children and adults to swim and certifies a large percentage of area lifeguards. Have an injury or need a form of low-impact exercise that's easy on your body? Come swim at the JVYMCA. From swim lessons to aqua fitness to birthday pool parties to swim teams, you'll find the water fun you're looking for at the Y!
- Pool Party Rentals
- One-on-One Swim Lessons
- Family Swim Sundays
Please call us at (717) 248-5019 for Swim Lessons
Stingrays Swim Team
The Y Stingrays Swim team is accepting registrations for the 2021-22 swim season beginning October 1st. Season begins Nov. 1st and runs through February.
Stingray registration opens Oct. 1. Season officially begins Nov. 1 and runs through Feb. All Stingrays must be a Y mem-ber per the National Y and competitive rules. Meets will be held Saturdays at the other Y’s in our league. Cost for the entire season is just $175 per swimmer.
Fall Swim Clinic
You can get a jump on the swim team competition with our Fall Swim Clinic!
Clinic is set for T/TH Oct. 19, 21, 26 & 28 from 5:30-6:30p.m. Cost is $22 for a Y member and $30 for a nonmember
- Splish Splash
Shallow water only to help improve agility, flexibility, and cardiovascular endurance. (no swimming ability required)
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, & Friday: 11am - Noon
- Active Older Adults Pool Time
Pool time for those over 60 years of age. Play water volleyball, participate in volunteer-led class exercise, or just socialize in the deep end!
Tuesday, Thursday, & Friday: 1:15 - 3pm
- Jackie's Class
Basic water exercise class, mainly in shallow water. No swimming ability required. Good for those who want to relieve some soreness, or people who want a low impact workout.
Monday, Wednesday, & Friday: 8:15 - 9:15am
- Aqua Zumba
Aqua Zumba is a safe, challenging, water-based workout that's cardio-conditioning, body toning, and most of all, exhilarating beyond belief. All participants are encouraged to wear water shoes & bring bottled water to every class!
Tuesday & Thursday: 9 - 10am
Pool Rules & Guidelines
- Please shower before entering the pool
- Please walk -- no running
- Children under 8 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or adult (18 years of age) at all times in the pool area
- Children under 5 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or adult (18 years of age) in the water at all times
- Inflatable flotation devices are prohibited
- No snorkels or masks - goggles only
- Do not go over, under, or through the railings
- Diving will not be permitted unless under the instruction of a YMCA program
- No cut off shorts -- bathing suits or swim trunks are best
- Swim pants only -- no diapers
- No profanity, horseplay, or splashing
- Food and drink are not allowed in the pool area
- Lanes are for lap swimming only
- Please be RESPONSIBLE with all YMCA equipment
- Always be courteous of one another
- RESPECT the lifeguard -- they are the boss.
Renting the YMCA pool does not grant patrons any special privileges or restrictions. It is expected that individuals and groups renting the pool will follow YMCA pool rules and will inform their guests of these rules. Please have all guests show up promptly in order to receive proper instructions from lifeguards.
Designated areas of the pool will be roped off for all pool parties. Any swimmers wishing to go beyond the designated area will need to pass a swim test.
The swim test consists of a 25 yard swim without stopping and water tread without assistance. Those passing the test will be given a wristband, identifying them as qualified deep water swimmers.