Juniata Valley YMCA Aquatics
Make A Splash!
Our pool is the only full size pool in the area!
Each year, the Juniata Valley YMCA teaches children and adults to swim and certifies a large percentage of area lifeguards. Have an injury or need a form of low-impact exercise that's easy on your body? Come swim at the JVYMCA. From swim lessons to aqua fitness to birthday pool parties to swim teams, you'll find the water fun you're looking for at the Y!
- Pool Party Rentals
- One-on-One Swim Lessons
- Family Swim Sundays
Please call us at (717) 248-5019 for Swim Lessons
Our private swimming lessons are a very popular alternative to our group lessons. Private lessons are 30 minute, 1 to 1 lessons with an experienced swim instructor. Lessons are designed specifically for your swimmer's needs and can be scheduled at a time that is convenient for you. Adults are welcome!
Single Lesson: Member $15 Non Member $20
Pass of 5 Lessons: Member $65 Non Member $90
Swimming lessons for 2 children with the same swimming abilities
Per Child: Member $12 Non Member $16
Pass of 5 lessons: Member $50 Non Member $70
Group swimming lessons is in a group setting. This program will run for 3 weeks on Saturday mornings. Call the YMCA to see when group lessons will run. New session will be starting soon!
Stingrays Swim Team
All Stingrays must be a YMCA member per the National YMCA and competitive rules. Meets will be held Saturdays at the Juniata Valley YMCA as well as other Y’s in our league.
BABY RAYS- Ages 8 and under 5:30-6:00pm
STINGERS- Ages 9-12 6:00-7:00pm
STING RAYS- Ages 13-18 5:30-7:00
COST: $200 for the season
Fall Swim Clinic
(Oct 9-Nov 2)
Members: $25 Non-Members: $45
Members: $55 Non-Members: $75
- Splish Splash
Shallow water only to help improve agility, flexibility, and cardiovascular endurance. (no swimming ability required)
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, & Friday: 11am - Noon
- Active Older Adults Pool Time
Pool time for those over 60 years of age. Play water volleyball, participate in volunteer-led class exercise, or just socialize in the deep end!
Tuesday & Thursday: 1:15 - 3pm
- Aqua Zumba
Aqua Zumba is a safe, challenging, water-based workout that's cardio-conditioning, body toning, and most of all, exhilarating beyond belief. All participants are encouraged to wear water shoes & bring bottled water to every class!
Tuesday & Thursday: 9 - 10am
- Water Workout
Water workout is a step up from the Splish Splash class! For men and women!
Wednesday: 9 - 9:45am
Parent/Child Swim Class
The parent-child classes are offered for children ages 6 months – 36 months
Call the YMCA to see when the Parent/Child Swim class will begin!
A parent/family member must accompany the child in the water.
Babies and toddlers who are not toilet trained must wear a swim diaper.
New session starting soon!
Pool Rules & Guidelines
- Please shower before entering the pool
- Please walk -- no running
- Children under 8 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or adult (18 years of age) at all times in the pool area
- Children under 5 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or adult (18 years of age) in the water at all times
- Inflatable flotation devices are prohibited
- No snorkels or masks - goggles only
- Do not go over, under, or through the railings
- Diving will not be permitted unless under the instruction of a YMCA program
- No cut off shorts -- bathing suits or swim trunks are best
- Swim pants only -- no diapers
- No profanity, horseplay, or splashing
- Food and drink are not allowed in the pool area
- Lanes are for lap swimming only
- Please be RESPONSIBLE with all YMCA equipment
- Always be courteous of one another
- RESPECT the lifeguard -- they are the boss.
Renting the YMCA pool does not grant patrons any special privileges or restrictions. It is expected that individuals and groups renting the pool will follow YMCA pool rules and will inform their guests of these rules. Please have all guests show up promptly in order to receive proper instructions from lifeguards.
Designated areas of the pool will be roped off for all pool parties. Any swimmers wishing to go beyond the designated area will need to pass a swim test.
The swim test consists of a 25 yard swim without stopping and water tread without assistance. Those passing the test will be given a wristband, identifying them as qualified deep water swimmers.