Juniata Valley YMCA Aquatics
Make A Splash!
Our pool is the only full size pool in the area!
Each year, the Juniata Valley YMCA teaches children and adults to swim and certifies a large percentage of area lifeguards. Have an injury or need a form of low-impact exercise that's easy on your body? Come swim at the JVYMCA. From swim lessons to aqua fitness to birthday pool parties to swim teams, you'll find the water fun you're looking for at the Y!
Swim Season is almost upon us!!!
Registration is now open for our Preseason Stroke Clinic & our swim team!
- Cost for members is $22 and Program members $30 Clinic is instructed by AJ Shepherd.
- YMCA Stingrays Swim team starts Nov. 9. Practices are M-TH 5:30-6:30p.m. (Attendance all four days is not mandatory) Head Coach is AJ Shepherd. Participants must be able to swim one length of the pool. All meets are Saturdays & all are home meets this year. Cost for the entire season is $153. All swim team participants must be YMCA members.
- Pool Party Rentals
- Tots Swim Lessons (< 3 years)
- Preschool Swim Lessons (3-5 years)
- School Age Swim Lessons (5-12 years)
- One-on-One Swim Lessons
- Family Swim Sundays
- Red Cross Lifeguard Certifications
- Preseason Stroke Clinic
- Stingrays Swim Team
- Winter Swim League
- Splish Splash
Shallow water only to help improve agility, flexibility, and cardiovascular endurance. (no swimming ability required)
Monday, Wednesday, & Friday: 11am - Noon
- Active Older Adults Pool Time
Pool time for those over 60 years of age. Play water volleyball, participate in volunteer-led class exercise, or just socialize in the deep end!
Tuesday, Thursday, & Friday: 1:15 - 3pm
- Jackie's Class
Basic water exercise class, mainly in shallow water. No swimming ability required. Good for those who want to relieve some soreness, or people who want a low impact workout.
New participants can try 1 class for free!
Monday, Wednesday, & Friday: 8:15 - 9:15am
- Aqua Zumba
Aqua Zumba is a safe, challenging, water-based workout that's cardio-conditioning, body toning, and most of all, exhilarating beyond belief. All participants are encouraged to wear water shoes & bring bottled water to every class!
Tuesday & Thursday: 9 - 10am
February Group Swim Lessons Registration is OPEN!
Preschool (ages 3-5) Feb. 2, 9 & 16 2:15-2:45p.m.
Members $16 & Nonmembers $28
School Age Feb. 2, 9, & 16 -1:15-2:00p.m.
Members $18 & Nonmembers $36
Space is limited. Register today!
No TOTS scheduled as of now 1/29/20
Pool Rules & Guidelines
- Please shower before entering the pool
- Please walk -- no running
- Children under 8 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or adult (18 years of age) at all times in the pool area
- Children under 5 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or adult (18 years of age) in the water at all times
- Inflatable flotation devices are prohibited
- No snorkels or masks - goggles only
- Do not go over, under, or through the railings
- Diving will not be permitted unless under the instruction of a YMCA program
- No cut off shorts -- bathing suits or swim trunks are best
- Swim pants only -- no diapers
- No profanity, horseplay, or splashing
- Food and drink are not allowed in the pool area
- Lanes are for lap swimming only
- Please be RESPONSIBLE with all YMCA equipment
- Always be courteous of one another
- RESPECT the lifeguard -- they are the boss.
Renting the YMCA pool does not grant patrons any special privileges or restrictions. It is expected that individuals and groups renting the pool will follow YMCA pool rules and will inform their guests of these rules. Please have all guests show up promptly in order to receive proper instructions from lifeguards.
Designated areas of the pool will be roped off for all pool parties. Any swimmers wishing to go beyond the designated area will need to pass a swim test.
The swim test consists of a 25 yard swim without stopping and water tread without assistance. Those passing the test will be given a wristband, identifying them as qualified deep water swimmers.